How do I activate my account?
You can watch our sign-up instruction video. Alternatively, you can follow these instructions:
- Go to My RCoA
- Click Login
- Scroll down and click Sign up now
- Enter email address *|EMAIL|* – this is the email matched to your membership contact.
- Click the pink Send Verification Code button
- Check your email inbox for the code
- Go back and enter the verification code
- Click Verify Code
- Enter Password
- Confirm your Password (make sure your password and confirm password match)
- Click Create
- You will then be logged into your My RCoA dashboard.
What details do I need to log into my account?
Once your account has been successfully activated, you will need the following to log in:
Why can’t I log into my account?
Check if you are using the correct email. It should be the main one on your membership record (your portal launch communication or membership welcome communication would have been sent to this email). If your email and log in details need changing, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We will update your membership record and request your My RCoA account details are updated by our digital team.
Is your password not working? In the first instance use the ‘Forgot my password’ button on the My RCoA login page to reset your password. If you are still having issues, please contact us via email@example.com, and we will organise for this to be checked.
Why can I not see my contact details/ membership details when logged into my account?
A small number of Fellows and Members in our CRM have the same email attached to their contact record. If, when you login into the portal you find minimal information appearing please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org, with your CRN and email. The team will then check for duplicate records, carry out the required actions and let you know the next steps.
Details you can change in the portal
- Known As – how would you prefer the College addresses you in some our communications?
- Address – have you recently moved? You can update your address here easily and quickly. Please note that if you are eligible to receive your journals and Bulletin magazine by post, it can take up to two months for these to be delivered to your new address. This is due to the publishers compiling their mailing list ahead of time.
- Phone number - have you recently changed your number? Or is there a better contact number for you?
Details you cannot change, but can submit a request to be reviewed for consideration and why:
- Title, First Name and Last Name – If your GMC record has been updated to your new title, first name and last name then we will action your change request. If you are not working in the UK, we will action your request.
- Email – this is linked to your My RCoA account, so we will have to update both your membership record and your portal account before you can use your new email on RCoA systems.
How can I access BJA and BJA Education editions?
If this is part of your membership benefits, dependent on your membership category, you can use the flipbook on the portal to view all the articles in the edition reflected. To access other editions, please click on the BJA button at the bottom of the portal to access the full BJA library via the BJA Anaesthesia website.
Can I download my receipts for membership payments?
Sign into your My RCoA Portal account and click on the ‘Latest invoice’ button. This will send a request directly to our CRM system, which will then send an email, with the most recent invoice attachment, to the email on your membership record.
If you have a monthly Direct Debit Instalment payment schedule, please send this request to us via email@example.com, the portal does not currently have the functionality to reflect these types of invoices/ receipts of payment.
How do I access receipt(s) from a previous year?
Currently, you can only request the most recent invoice to be sent directly to you via My RCoA. Please email us with your request, including the tax years you wish to be covered, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
My profile shows my membership is still due for payment, but I have a Direct Debit set up.
If you have a monthly Direct Debit Instruction set up with us, this currently isn't reflected correctly on the portal. We are looking to rectify this in our next phase of development work. If you’re not sure please check your most recent renewal notification correspondence from us, otherwise please contact us via email@example.com.
How do I change my email?
If you have changed your email recently and need to update both your membership record, to ensure you continue to receive College correspondence, and your My RCoA account so you can still access your profile, please email us via firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us.
We will update your membership record and then request the digital team remove your existing email from the portal.
We will notify you when this has been updated and send you the verification link and instruction to reactivate your My RCoA account using your new email.
If none of the above helps, please contact us via email@example.com with an outline of your issue and the following information:
- Screen shot of the error (if possible)
- Time and date the issue occurred
- The device you are using (e.g. personal laptop or work desktop computer)
- The browser your device was using (e.g. Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge).